Monday, 27 July 2015

Cleaning up the blog

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! This is the FIRST teaching thing I have done all summer !

I am doing some cleaning up, deleting, editing on the blog and in my shops. I am going to be deleting a lot of my past freebies and try to set up everything in 1 place. So you will notice a few changes here and maybe some old deleted posts. I will be updating some of my freebies to TPT and am going to be deleting my Teachers Notebook shop.

I have decided that I will no longer offer paid products and only post freebies that I make for my own class. While I love making things for my own kiddos, I am always torn between the “shop” side of it and making things just to sell stuff. I have scaled back a lot of my teacher time outside school and I want to make sure that I am spending time between things I want to do as well as teaching. So with that being said, my TPT store will only house things I make for my own class. And they will be free. I rarely find things on TPT made by other people that truly fit my kids needs. Maybe it’s my style of teaching, but I don’t use worksheets or centres or cutesy decor or craftivities. So instead of trying to keep with with the joneses on TPT, I am just going to continue to use my blog to share what I am doing with my kids in my class. I hope you can get some ideas from it to go make your own stuff to fit your kids! If there are printables, games, etc, then I will be posting them to TPT for free or you can email me for them!

You can head to my shop to see what things I have posted for free. I will be continuing to add freebies from my blog to the site over the summer.

Hope to post more as I start to get things ready again for back to school!

7 comments:

  1. So happy to read your post tonight! I have been checking to see if you were getting back to the blog. Teachers work incredibly hard so really need the summer to recharge! Thanks for continuing to offer your products for free! I love using TPT products. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!

      It's hard to compete with some of the other blogs out there :( I just want to share things I do in hopes of giving other people ideas!

      Thanks for sticking with me!

      Renee

      Delete
    2. I love that your blog is not cutesy room decor, worksheets and craftivities, it is curriculum based and correlates with our Man. curriculum. It is just what I need, so don't ever change! Thanks so much
      Jenn

      Delete
  2. I have found many great ideas on your blog, Renee. I teach in BC and have used many of your math activities as they line up with my curriculum much better than other things I have found. I appreciate that you keep things simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! I agree. I find that grade 1 in the states does not match up with what my grade ones need to know.

      Email me anytime for things you see if I don't post them!

      Delete
  3. It's important to have a balance, isn't it? I struggle with that, too.
    I teach in BC too (like Kerry above) and maybe it's a Canadian thing but I'm not really into the craftivities and worksheets either. Your games, however, I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara ! Seriously ill email you whatever ! Thanks for always reading my blog :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover