Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Product Swap and other stuff

Soo I was supposed to have this Product Swap post ready by the weekend but I dropped the ball. I forgot my camera at school and there was no school Friday, I had a sub yesterday and last week was conferences.
MrsStanfordsClass


Yikes. So while I don’t have many pictures..I can tell you how great this product is by Liz over at Polka Dot Firsties

She sent me her Digraphs Pack full on tons of ways to practice those tricky sounds. My kids love digraphs and have gotten really great at reading them, spelling them and finding them. Her packet was great for a quick review and assessment!

digraph

We worked on her Sh and Th Digraph Hunt last week. My kids loved it!

photo 4 (6)

My kids sometimes forget about finding digraphs not just at the beginning but at the end too! This helped reinforce that!

Liz also included tons of craftivities in her pack! We didn`t get a chance to make any yet but I am looking forward to some this week!

Head on over to Liz`s blog to check out her other awesome ideas!

Polka Dot Firsties




I also was able to snap some cute pics of my kiddos working hard during Read to Self.

photo 1 (9)photo 3 (8)
photo 2 (9)

We also worked on some subtraction story problems today! My kids have their own bag of counters in their math bag to use during Daily 5 math. I cut them out of foam squares. Each square has a number on it from 1-15 (twice) so there are 30 counters. We use the blank sides as counters and pieces in games as well as the number sides to create number sentences!

photo 3 (9)photo 2 (10)photo 4 (7)

AND… yesterday my kiddos worked on a quick Earth Day Craftivity with my sub! I think they turned out pretty cute for me hand drawing them at 4:00 on a Friday before I left for the weekend so I could photocopy them.  Haha

photo 5 (6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover