Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Math Number Puzzles

So here is a quick, cheap and easy idea to make number puzzles!

puzzle

I use these ALL the time in Math Daily 5 for Math by Myself.

Materials:
Foam cut outs from the dollar store
Sharpie
Scissors
Ziploc Bag

Step 1: Figure out what you want to make your puzzle about! Depending on your kids, decide how many pieces each foam piece will have. In the beginning of the year, I like to cut them into 2 pieces. As the year goes on, I add more pieces and more parts to put together.

Step 2: Use a sharpie to draw/write on the foam pieces. (use sharpie or it will smear!….lesson learned)

Step 3: Cut into pieces and store in a ziploc bag.

puzzle 2

Step 4: Students take out the number puzzle…sort the puzzle pieces and solve! If need be, you can create recording pages to go with!

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I finally have an idea on how to use the cute foam pieces that I find at the Dollar Tree. I have used these past few days off (due to Hurricane Sandy) to read your entire blog from start until today. I think I orignally came because I linked up to your more than, less than 9 & 15 activity from Pinterest. Some of your ideas are so simple, yet so completely relevant! Thanks for taking your time to share your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Steele!! That is so nice of you to say! You read my WHOLE blog! That is so awesome! I buy these foam pieces all the time and now I turn them all into number puzzles!

      Stay safe!!!

      Renee

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover