Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Dice Cups

Here is a quick and easy idea that I use during Daily 5 math. I HATE hearing dice rolling on tables when I am working with small groups. It drives me bananas. Or kids rolling their dice and loosing them under cabinets. Grrr...

Here is a solution! I bought small plastic bowls from the dollar store. Traced a felt circle the size of the bottom of the bowl and hot glue gunned it down. I teach my kids to drop the dice the into the bowl to roll. No more loud rolling and runaway dice!

Easy Peasy !

(Note: This picture is awful and fuzzy. I apologize. Also the bowl looks huge in this picture. It is only the size of my hand. )




4 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. I think I'll have to do that this year. I don't mind the noise so much, but I don't like it when they start tossing them around the room! What's with that?
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    PS I'm having a drama linky party. Any good ideas you'd like to share? Pretty please. Does it sound like I'm begging ... cause I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm a new follower. :)

    Marissa
    WILD About First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marissa!!
      Love your blog!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover