We have 5 more days left of school!!
Lots was going on this past week. We have been observing our Chia Pets every day and recording in our journals. You will not believe how much hair they have!!
Here is our chia pets after 1 week!!
Everyone has been coming up to me and asking how I grew grass so fast.
THE SECRET: Soak your seeds overnight! I soaked the seeds in water with about 2 cups of soil and then drained them in the morning before we made them. 1 week people for a full head of hair!
Here are the materials you will need:
Panty hose( I used little anklet panty hose socks)
googly eyes(not necessary to make your grass grow)
Here is a previous picture I posted of our materials set out:
1. I first tied a knot in the bottom of the panty hose becausee the toe was was a little thicker and I wanted to get rid of it somehow.
2. Then we filled. One partner stretched open the panty hose while the other filled it with half a dixie cup of grass seed.
3. Then my kids filled it with 4 dixie cups full of soil.
4. I then pushed all the soil and seeds in the panty hose tube into a ball and tied a knot in it.
5. We left the panty hose tail hanging as a wick.
6. We soaked our soil and grass balls with water and sat them in a cup of water.
7. Put in a sunny window and enjoy! ( you will need to refill the water when it gets low)
Here is the original post and idea from Team Johnson.
We also made our Family gifts this week to take home. We don`t do Mothers Day or Fathers Day at our school, so we make a family gift to take home instead!
My kiddos made Flower Pen Pots!
First we made fingerprints on our pots using our thumbs and pinkie fingers.
We let them dry and then went back and added details in black sharpie to turn them into bugs!
I bought fake flowers and pens at dollarama and floral tape from Michaels craft store. I cut all the flowers and started off each pen for my kids by wrapping the floral tape around the top.
We signed the bottom of our pots, added some rocks from the playground (shh dont tell!) and cut out our tags which say THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME BLOOM THIS YEAR. The kids taped the tag to the back of a dowel and we stuck them in the rocks. Voila! Family Gift Done!
Thanks for reading!